Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Predecessor

This is a project I had started while I was in college. It's a level editor for my first "game engine" (before I knew what an engine should look like).

It had begun as a personal project during the summer, and some of my peers had joined in to use it as a group project. After the project had been submitted and graded, I continued to add features to it.

In the video, you'll see me load a terrain from a heightmap and set it's textures, set up some simple lighting, add a few objects (some with key frame animations) and move them around, and play a bit with some water settings.




Some features have been disabled (such as shadows and dynamic lighting on water), since they had been acting strangely on my newer hardware...but that's only interesting to know if you were already aware they existed.

No comments:

Post a Comment